I want to share with you the cornerstone for Phil Jackson’s success as a NBA basketball coach.
Jackson says: “What matters the most is playing the game the right way and having the courage to grow, as human beings as well as basketball players. When you do that the ring takes care of itself.”
Phil had 11 NBA Championship titles so it’s only appropriate he has 11 principles of leadership that you can incorporate into your daily practice at the office.
- Lead from the inside out.
- Bench the Ego
- The Road to Freedom is a Beautiful System
- Turn the Mundane into the Sacred
- One breath = One mind
- The Key to Success is Compassion
- Keep Your Eye on the Spirit, Not the Scoreboard
- Sometimes You Have to Pull Out the Big Stick
- When in Doubt, Do Nothing
- Forget the Ring
These tell me that he sees the key to leadership success as being humble. It’s more about the mission than the win. You lead from a common purpose and goal, and do your best to control your reactions in emotional situations. When you understand how emotions, relationships and business intersect then you will achieve these results
For a Free Strategy Session Click Here